Wednesday 7 May 2014

ANPs and EPs

Here's a nice little promo video from Confer UK, just under two minutes long.

http://www.confer.uk.com/module-promo-new.html

I was first exposed to Confer in 2007, when I went to their Psychological Trauma and the Body Conference, in London.

I was pretty new and under-exposed to the field at the time.

One of my reasons for attending was to see Pat Ogden speak, in preparation for my first level of sensorimotor psychotherapy training, which started shortly after the conference.

A few of the speakers on the promo video, such as Allan Schore, Felicity de Zulueta and Valerie Sinason also spoke.

In recent correspondence with Confer, they informed me that they have a group rate for The Nature of Trauma and Dissociation online training.

This is the kind of education available to colleagues living just about everywhere, and it can be an option for groups of physicians practicing psychotherapy who cannot always meet in person - of course it's even more ideal for those that can.

I do like this series because there are just so many inspiring and inspired teachers participating in the project.

Before you finish, stop the video at about 0:55, and you'll see a complicated diagram next to the photo of Onno van der Hart.  I've actually used this picture as a teaching aid, to help Complex PTSD patients (about 30% of any given mental health population) understand the play and inter-relatedness of their EPs and ANPs.

Stay tuned, because in a soon to appear post, I will discuss the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower, an autobiographical movie in which a fight EP emerges during a dissociative episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment